Saturday, June 20, 2009

Movie Review: Year One

In Year One, Jack Black and Michael Cera's humorous personalities come together to create a comedy like no other. Set in 1 A.D. (I'm assuming), the two characters are forced to leave their peaceful village and venture into the unknown. Running into real-life characters such as Cane and Able and Abraham provided some comedy however, could obviously be considered offenseive. The death of Able, for example, basically was "look what I did" *hits with rock* "look what I did again." It was kinda funny the first time, but the writers dragged that joke out for over a minute.

Not only was the movie religiously offensive, the amount of vulgar material was over the top. Jack Black literally eats crap to determine, rather poorly, the location of a local tribe. Don't even get me started about the high priest guy. Seriously all that chest hair, the man could go into the carpet industry if he wanted. So....gay.....

With all the boob, boner, and testicle jokes, I'm almost offended to be the target audience *yay yahtzee again* But seriously directors need to think of better ways to make the teenage demographic wet their pants laughing. Good ole ball jokes and stuff are fine but that shouldn't be the go-to idea for a quick joke in the middle of a serious scene.

There were still a few non-vulgar jokes that were A+ material. Only...those moments were few and far between. The bloopers at the end were the funniest part of the movie were extremely hilarious and everyone still in the theater never stopped laughing throughout them.

If you're looking for a good laugh and don't mind an offensive joke every other sentence, I highly recommend seeing Year One. Overall, my friends and I enjoyed the movie and if I have to do a raiting I'd give it 4.0 stars. No wait that guy was REALLY gay...aw man they showed so much chest hair....and oil....*shivers*

3.5 outta 5. See it for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I don't care about the vulgar.

    But the part involving the priest sounds disturbing.

    I might see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, nice
    but i still don't think im keen on seeing it =P
    but thanks

    ReplyDelete